Friday, January 27, 2006

Colds and Other Discomforts

What have I been up to lately? Not a lot, or a too much, depending on your outlook.
First of all, we have all been sickly. My son caught some nasty flu bug at the Dr's office when he was getting a check-up. He started getting all gobbery and snotty, and I knew I had a problem. My mom caught it next, and because she smokes like a chimney, she got it bad. Hacking hacking hacking, wheezing, and sleeping. Then my husband got it, and he never gets sick. He came home early from work one day when I was out shopping. When I came back and saw his car sitting in the driveway, I about had a heart attack. The last time he came home from work early, he was laid off. I rushed inside to find him fast asleep upstairs. He opened one eye miserably and informed me that he didn't feel good, and to shut the door because he was taking a nap. I just shook my head and laughed. He gets so grumpy when he is tired.
Then I started to get it. Luckily, I had thought ahead and purchased a big box of Cold Ease. They come in many different flavors including; strawberries and cream, orange cream, cherry, honey lemon, citrus, and green tea. I've tried a few of them, and I don't care how good they make them sound on the box, they all taste gross. Don't get me wrong, they work like a dream, but you still can taste a slightly metallic taste. I started popping those things right away. So far, only a slightly stuffy nose and a light cough which seems to be going away right quick. Meanwhile, my mom still sounds like a TB patient.
In other news, we close on our house tomorrow. It's been very stressful due to some unexpected last minute repairs we have had to make, but the deal is almost done. I'm a little sad and a little happy at the same time. It irks me a little that the new owner is planning on ripping out the old carpet and flooring and completely repainting the house, but I guess it's their prerogative. I happen to like my design choices, but hey, I'm the one who picked them out. If they rip out my shrubbery or the trees, then we may have to talk. I love those bushes! I spent hours digging holes, wallowing in the mud like a pig, all to the amusement of my neighbors.
Tomorrow, we also have to pay a visit to the friendly Indiana DMV. We seem to have somewhere along the way lost the title to a car that we want to get rid of. I can't wait to spend hours and hours at the house of corruption. It should be fun. "Number 101, number 101, please step to the window please so we can abuse you and take all your money. Thank you, please don't come again."

1 comment:

Azure said...

hope everyone feels better! everyone's been sick in my office and on Ed's side of the family. our nieces were sick around Christmas and i caught it. they were fevery and coughing this weekend so i have been all about the OJ and aspirin.