Monday, July 02, 2007

June Bug


The vicious and killer beetle called the June bug has attacked my roses. These distrusting creatures have a blue green caprice, and love
to feast on the flowers. They are aggressive little buggers, flying with reckless abandon towards my head in a kamikaze attempt to keep me away from their prize.
I don't think June bugs bite, but
there is something disconcerting about a wild swarm of June bugs descending on an unsuspecting person. I saw one on my sleeve, and did the hurky jerky pat pat dance to get it off.
I started out spraying them with a gentle mist of this product that is supposed to kill them. It just pissed them off. That's when they started swarming at my head. So I turned the nozzle to stream, and started blasting the little buggers. That seemed to take some of the pep away.
Apparently, I have June bugs because I have a terrible lawn. I'm sure it is grub infested. The person who lived here before us thought that weeds made an attractive flowerbed, so go figure. I need to get some more poison to spread around.
Unfortunately, with kids you have to be careful of the
stuff. You don't want to apply some nasty poison and then send the kids out to play. It also can't be too hot, cold, dry, or wet. So trying to find the optimum time to do this is a trick.
Here is a picture of my little June bug. Isn’t she a cutie?

No comments: