Sleep seems to be in a short supply lately. Of course, with a new baby, you sort of expect not to get any.
Lyrics from a Barenaked Ladies song keep running through my mind, "Sleep - never gonna get it. Sleep - tell me what's that for? Sleep -- be happy with what you’re getting . . . "
My daughter has her days and night's mixed up. It started out with some wicked colic and gas. Now that we have her past that, she just doesn't want to sleep in her bed.
I've tried almost everything. Books about baby sleep line my room. I'm single-handedly contributing to the New York bestseller's list. My old standby, Ms. Gina Ford, English nanny and sleep expert hasn't even solved the problem.
The problem is that the baby just resists any type of schedule. My son is completely the opposite. He loved his schedule from the first day he came home. In fact, you attempt to deviate from it, and your going to hear about it.
My son is a champion sleeper. due in part to the above mentioned Ms. Gina Ford. Her book, "The New Contented Baby Book" is a wonderful thing. I'm just hoping that at some point, my daughter will be able to adjust to a better schedule, and Mommy will be able to get some much needed shut eye.
In other news, I'm going to be starting a new job. I will be working from home for a marketing company taking orders and handling customer service inquiries. It will be perfect for me, because I can set my own hours and dates I work. I can work just a few hours a week, and exercise my brain just a little bit. Plus, I'm going to be earning a little bit of mad mommy money. I've finished the training, and look forward to starting soon. They just have to do a background check, to make sure I'm not a credit card thief or a convicted felon. I probably won't be doing a lot of it at first (see above about sleep deprivation) but it's good to have something to do when I want to.
Monday, March 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Does that Gina Ford book work on adults?
I'm sure it would, if you still want to drink out of a bottle. Let's see, 2.5 ounces per lb. I'm assuming you’re about 120. So that would be about 300 ounces or 2.5 gallons of breast milk or formula. Then, have a set routine (bath bottle book) every night and you have it made!
Post a Comment