Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Replacement

New Mr. Bear (aka The Replacement) arrived today. With great haste, I opened the box. I was shocked at what I found. New Mr. Bear, in a pristine condition. His gleaming white countenance smiled up at me, his manufacturing tags standing crisp and at attention. I snapped this picture for prosperity. Old Mr. Bear, meet The Replacement.
Actually, Old Mr. Bear is resting comfortably at the old folks home.
He is planning on taking up golfing in his old age, and maybe scaring hikers and panhandling for picnic baskets.
New Mr. Bear has begun work. He slipped in under the cover of darkness, and has not yet been identified as a covert agent.
I think New Mr. Bear will have an easier life. My son has pretty much stopped chewing on his toys. Maybe New Mr. Bear's legs will stay intact for a while.

1 comment:

Azure said...

OH MY GOD. Old Mr. Bear needs to be burned and the ashes should be scattered in the desert where they won't kill anything. put on your hazmat suit too. yikes!