Saturday, November 01, 2008

Here is Chicago

Recently, we moved the family to Chicago. Apparently, I'm destined to live my life as a wandering gypsy.
Anyone who knows me knows that I HATE MOVING. It really gets silly after a while. We are hoping with this move, if we HAVE to move, we can at least stay in the Chicago area. It's a big place.
So at the moment, we are staying with my in-laws. It's a little cramped. It's a little uncomfortable, and it's a little too much all at once.
All of our stuff is in a really big storage unit down the street. Occasionally, we have to make a storage run to get clothing or coats.
Recently, I accepted a new job with an insurance company. I'll be doing short term disability claims. It should be fun.
We are looking to move up into Chicago soon, so we will be able to get our junk out of storage.
Recently, we took the kids trick or treating in the old neighborhood. Scott dressed up like a Zebra and Sasha was a fairy. They were too cute.

2 comments:

Feisty Crone said...

Good luck in your new city and with your new job. I moved to Seattle eight years ago, and it took me some time to adjust. I love it here now.
I've never been to Chicago, but I hear it's a great city. Take care.

Azure said...

hi :)
why did you guys move? wish we were still in Valpo; Chicago was only an hour away for us!

-Azure