Sunday, June 14, 2009

This spring


I love spring. It is like a new awaking. The cold, winter months seem to melt away under the golden warm rays. The sun, calling to new life to spring forth. Small buds, a promise of life ahead of death, a promise of new things replacing old.

I took the kids to the park today, in all this headiness. Their laughter, as they swung way up high over my head was infectious, contagious, and joyful. They made me forget the struggle, the pain, and the despair of life. To them, it was a day in the park, to me it was pure joy.

Then, as they played in the splash park, running through the water, oblivious to the wetness, the coldness of the water, just concentrating on having fun, they made me remember that I too need to have fun. I need to look beyond the wall of water in front of me, take a deep breath, close my eyes, and run right through.

Ahhh, the joy of spring!

1 comment:

Azure said...

Jump in and get soaked! I love spring too :)