Thursday, October 27, 2005

Barn and Bunk



Today, my son and I went to a place called Barn-N-Bunk. It's mostly for kids. They had hayrides, a corn maze, and a pumpkin patch. It was really a hoot.

The kids made a scarecrow, and then slid down a slide in the hog barn. My son is only six months old, so he really didn't get the whole effect. He seemed to like the hayride, but I think the farmer scared him.

I stayed away from the corn maze. I kept having flashbacks to the movie Children of the Corn. You see, we went with a group of about 20 children, and they where all between the ages of 1-6. The kids were really funny. They were afraid to go into the hay barn, because it was kind of dark in there. But the farmer saved the day with a flashlight, so all was well again.

After that, the farmer took the kids to the pumpkin field and patiently asked them to pick the pumpkins up gently, like a football, and to be careful not the smash them. I think this explanation was a little wasted on these children. They did hear the part about football. The children attacked the pumpkin patch with furious vengeance, I was afraid a orange gourd was going to flying my way.

Today I learned that hayrides are still fun, corn mazes are still scary, and that you can make a man out of a pair of pants, a plaid shirt, and panty hose. Seems like a fair trade to me.

See our photo web site for more outstanding pictures of our outing! Plus if you look close, you'll see the pictures I snapped of the Miller Beer factory located in nearby Trenton OH. I stumbled across it while driving around looking for the Barn-N-Bunk. I wanted to stop at the lodge for a beer, but I had the little guy with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi :)
The photos are SO CUTE. Scott looks like a little pumpkin! What is he going to be for Halloween? I know he's too young to be taken around the neighborhood for trick or treating, but you guys should do it anyway. Score some candy and use his cuteness to your advantage :)

-Azure