
As I sit here, safely ensconced in the warm house, 3-6 inches of snow is softly blanketing the ground.
I say 3-6 inches of snow, although I really don't know how much snow we will get. You know how weather forecasters are these days. The slightest hint of snow and they all go crazy. Like a rabid pack of dogs, they run to the streets in packs to get the obligatory picture of cars slowly driving past.
Anything over an inch, and all bets are off. They interrupt programming to bring you the "latest" news on the winter storm. They show you all their fancy radar pictures. I think they just get hot and bothered because they finally get to use that multi million-dollar radar rig they convinced the network they had to have. Every channel has one, and they all seem to have a cutesy name.
Snow teams on every channel are all working overtime interviewing the snow truck drivers, the salt truck drivers, and the school bus drivers. They all proclaim that they will conquer the snow in a timely fashion, or at least by rush hour.
Personally, I think that we should all just tape the newscast from the first big snow of the year. You can just insert the date, and assume that it will snow from 2-10 inches. This is just as accurate as watching an actual newscast, and this way we can fast forward through the boring parts.
I think I'll just turn off the television. I have a good book to finish and some Christmas cookies to bake. Don't get lost in the snow! Happy Holidays!

No comments:
Post a Comment