Ha ha. I make myself laugh, which is a good thing, because I seem to be a little short of comedians in the house.
To ear is human. A takeoff of the phase to err is human. But, you got it right?
I haven't posted lately, frankly, because I haven't had the time. My son has had a horrible bought with ear infections, which make him cranky and irritable. He hasn't been sleeping; therefore, I have not been sleeping. Last night, he crashed about 6 o'clock. Then, he awakened about 9 o'clock, and didn't go to sleep till 3 am, when in desperation, I took him into bed with me.
Normally, I don't believe in allowing kids to sleep in the same bed as parents. Maybe I'm just selfish. My bed is my haven. I go there at the end of a long day, shut my weary eyes, and fall fast as a rock tied to a mafioso, to sleep. However, when I become sleep deprived, there is nothing I won't do to find the blessed embrace of my flannel sheets.
So, today we made yet another trek to the Dr's office, where they took one look in his little ears and said "ouch". They gave me another RX, and I headed back to the neighborhood Walgreen’s. I dutifully handed the pharmacist the script, and she told me it would be done in a half and hour. Now, I know they have other customers, but I have a grumpy little boy at home whose ears hurt. I really wish they would work faster faster faster.
I think it’s all a plot to make you buy things in the store. I mean, you could sit in the nice padded seats in the waiting area and read a well thumbed and germ riddled magazine, but I prefer to browse.
It's amazing what Walgreen’s carries. Today, I saw baby food, ramen noodles, assorted nuts, car lock de-icer, those little smelly trees you hang from your rear view mirror, a cushy neon green pillow for your back, makeup, perfume, Christmas trees, and a Magic Bullet (As seen on TV) blender. If your ever feeling bored, just go wander around, you'll be amazed at what you will discover.
So after my name was called, I pulled myself away from the mindless entertainment and went home to dose my kid up. At the moment, he is blissfully sleeping away his ear pain, and I am enjoying yet another cup of coffee.
Merry Christmas!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
To ear is human
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Look at the big brain on Rick. Send him to a couple of college courses and look what we get!
i LOVE Walgreens!!! when i worked for the Times in Valpo, i would run over there to take a break. i'd buy a soda and browse. my co-worker Annette and i used to make a Walgreens run when we had gossip or personal stuff to talk about away from the office.
have a good holiday weekend :)
-Azure
Post a Comment