A freak springtime snow has hit our area. As you can see, my early springtime daffodils and crocus are not happy. As a result, we are stuck in the house today. It has been so nice, that I have been taking my son on walks in the afternoon to the library or park. He really likes the baby swings. When we go on our walks, he sits up, grabbing the front bar of his stroller. His eyes take it all in, as his head moves back and forth frantically, trying not to miss a thing.Strangers tend to always comment on babies. We will be in a store, minding our own business, when an elderly grandma, smelling like cabbage and cats, pops out from behind a large display of toilet paper. "What a cutie pie!" She will croak, her blue haired head swooping close to my son's face. His eyes get as big as saucers, and a piercing shriek will soon to fill the air, causing all the other shoppers to give us nasty looks. "Oh my,” The grandma will exclaim, jumping back from the piercing shrieks. "I'm sorry, he is a little shy." I'll say, as the stranger will scamper back to her cart filled with Fancy Feast and cat litter.
Yes, I am exaggerated just a little bit. But you get my point, right?
Speaking of cats, my son has a fascination with a friend’s cat; Louie is a solidly built older cat, who loves to lie around the house. I've never really seen Louie too much, except when my son is around. The two seem to have an attraction to each other. Louie will lurk behind a table, peaking out at the strange human who has invaded his area. My son will catch a glimpse of him, and then scampers as fast as his little knees will carry him towards "IT". Luckily, I've managed to grab him before it's too late. I have visions of him actually grabbing the cat and trying to put him in his mouth like the stuffed animals he loves to chew on. I can only guess that the cat would be very unhappy with this, and decide to use those claws and
fangs he has at his disposal.Here is a picture of the little rascal I took this morning. He was trying to grab the camera. As you can see, he's not going hungry. The other night, he ate 4 jars of baby food for dinner, and then had some Cheerios for desert. He has a bit of an appetite. For a few other pictures, click here.

No comments:
Post a Comment