Saturday, March 18, 2006

St. Patricks Day

I forgot it was St. Pat’s day this year. I am so boring. We had dinner at a friend’s house last night. They made spaghetti. I brought strawberries and pound cake, with lots of whipped cream. I have a weakness this time of year for this desert. I don't know what it is. I could eat the entire cake. My son was making a pig out of himself with his 2nd dinner of the evening. He was stuffing that spaghetti so fast into his mouth; you could barely see his hands.

I didn't even have anything green to drink. I did have a glass of really cheap pink zinf, which I don't usually drink because it's so sweet and cheap, but I was feeling nostalgic for the good old college days when I would drink just about anything. Penny beer (swill that a bar named Hoops sold to poor college students), Boones Farm (Sangria was my favorite), Apple Pucker, and train wreck punch.

I like to think I have a more sophisticated palate now. My
favorite wine is a nice Australian Pinot Gringo. Old habits die-hard though, and every now and again I have a craving for some Zima with a jolly rancher stuck in it.

My parents weren’t all that keen on
my libations while I was in college. One time, my mother and my brother dropped by my studio apartment. I had a case of Zima in the fridge, and knew my mother would disapprove. So I did the only thing I could think of, I hid the Zima under my bed like the chicken that I am. So, as we where sitting there chatting, my brother caught sight of hidden beverages under the bed skirt. "What's that?" He asked, pointing out the bright blue and white box.

I was busted. At least they didn't
find my Jolly Rancher stash. I don't like to share the sour apple. There all mine! Muhahahah!

1 comment:

Azure said...

Oh my God! I had a pretty tame St. Patrick's Day too :) I wrote about it on my blog. Great minds think alike or celebrate alike or something :)

Cheers,
Azure